Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Apple Play


I made this card for a new challenge over at Addicted to CAS and one of my favorites - Apples! 

 


I'm also going to add this to the sketch challenge at the AAA blogspot. 

 
My design idea had me reaching back into my stash for one of my oldest stamp sets from Stampin' Up. I knew I wanted to use my colored pencils on kraft paper, so I chose a nice kraft cardstock from GinaK for the base. I stamped the apple with Vesafine Onyx ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. To keep the design simple and have the color of the apple stand out, I decided to stamp the leaf and sentiment in Versamark, embossing both with the clear embossing powder.

Once that was done, I die cut the base using the largest Page Maker rectangle die. For a extra texture I ran it through my Big Shot using a Sizzix plate, also from my stash archives. For the final touch I adhered a few sparkly sequins that I received free with my last order from The Ink Road (who doesn't like "free?").



Thanks for looking!



9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! That apple looks so fresh and juicy. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The colored pencil strokes really gives this apple appeal!
    ( as in an apple peal) Anyhow, thanks for joining us at Addicted To CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that apple looks so real I would to take a bite..... thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gold accents. It is apple season here in Michigan. Yours looks delicious. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracie! I'm in Michigan, too, and apples are on my mind :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!