Thursday, February 28, 2019

Happy Birthday Balloons


A last-minute entry to the Less is More OLC challenge, Focus on the Sentiment. 

I began with a balloon stencil I made with my Cricut back when I was taking an online card class. With Distress Oxides I colored the balloons in Mermaid Lagoon and Squeezed Lemonade, creating a fun green shade when the two blended.

When the inks were dry, I simply stamped the sentiment, from Simon Says Stamp's Sketched Flowers set, in Gina K's black amalgam ink and heat embossed with Ranger clear embossing powder. I free-handed a little string to one balloon and that's it!


 

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING your fab two tone balloons, very striking whilst not detracting from the LIM theme of focus on the sentiment, cracking job

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Kathy! Beautiful vibrant colours on the balloons yet the blending is gorgeous. And the sentiment has a fabulous font. I really love this card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, don't you just love these transition shades that are created when blending, that green is yummy! Loving the font too, a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!