Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Fintastic Friend

After a little break from cardmaking while I celebrated the holidays with family and friends, I'm excited to be entering CAS challenges again! Today I'm playing along Less Is More in a unique sketch challenge.

 
For this card I used a mermaid-fin stencil I created with my Cricut Explore Air. The colors are Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, and Mermaid Lagoon. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx using Sunny Studios' Magical Mermaids stamp set. The mermaid tail is from Flora and Fauna's cute Mermaid Animals set. I stamped the tail with Versamark then heat embossed it with Ranger's Enchanted Gold. I added the bubbles for a little bit of bling.

Just for fun I made another card for this challenge! It was such a creative sketch my head filled with ideas. Butterflies seemed to fit.


I made this design using Simon Says Stamp's Beautiful Day set that was in a kit last summer. For the background I used the butterfly stencil from the kit and Distress Oxides in Seedless Preserves and Fossilised Amber. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx and heat embossed with Ranger clear embossing powder. After adding a few sparkly gems and a little bit of glitter pen here and there, I was done!

Both of the designs were masked first using extra-wide purple tape.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love both cards Kathy and that stencil you made!! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super makes using the LIM sketch

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, Kathy ! It seems that you enjoyed playing with this sketch and I love the two cards you've made with it. Your butterfly card is gorgeous as is the sentiment too. But you stole my heart with your mermaid card and its beautiful stencilling. Love the colours ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!