Friday, January 19, 2018

Watercoloring with Distress Oxides

Altenew Lotus Blossom stamp, Lawn Fawn frame die.

For this card I wanted to do some watercoloring, so I stamped with Altenew's Lotus Blossom on heavyweight watercolor paper, then watercolored using distress oxide inks. The sentiment is from Altenew's Simple Flowers stamp and die set. I stamped on black cardstock and heat embossed with gold powder. The frame is from Lawn Fawn, which I cut from yellow cardstock and mounted on Neenah solar white.

For another version, I diecut one of the flowers, watercolored again with distress oxides, and popped it on top of the original stamped flower. I added some Nuvo drops and pearls, along with a few swishes of Wink of Stella. 


I'm going to enter this in Altenew's January Inspiration Challenge.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. this is so very pretty... love the watercoloring with the distress oxides!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card. I love how you added the popped up flower. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!