Monday, October 30, 2017

Lotus and Leaves


Still getting back into the swing of things after vacation, so this week I thought I'd try creating a card that fit two challenges, Addicted to CAS and Less is More. For the background I used the negative of a die cut from Altenew and distress oxide ink in Iced Spruce. The lotus flower and leaves are also from an Altenew set. I stamped the flower with black Versafine ink, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I colored the blossom using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. The leaves are layered with GinaK inks, with a base of Jelly Bean Green overlayed by the veins in Moonlit Fog. The sentiment is from a Concord & Ninth stamp, which I stamped and heat embossed. Thanks for looking!




9 comments:

  1. Terrific way to combine challenges. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. The subtle background is a nice contrast to your bright and vibrant coloured lotus. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb stamping and inking Kathy! Iced spruce is such a fab colour isn't it and it looks so serene as those stencilled leaves. Well done to you - I have that water lily set and I never get it lined up properly. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! By the way, I chickened out on doing much layering with the stamp; was having an awful time lining it up. Then I found that there's actually a layering guide for the set on the Altenew site. Going to try that next!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous layered stamping and embossing. Love the background leaves in Iced Spruce, such a great choice to combine with the bright colours.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita! I am definitely in love with Iced Spruce.

      Delete
  5. Wow very pretty love those leaves in the background. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!